WVWA have been giving talks and delivering training for over 20 years. We have delivered to:
- Community groups
- Professionals (e.g. NHS Staff, Police)
- Schools, colleges, universities
- Councillors and parliamentary workers
And many more.
If you would like to arrange an awareness-raising talk for your group please contact us. This is usually free.
We feel it is very important that domestic abuse is valued as a priority in service development and delivery in every field of work as it is a social issue which can affect anyone; you might not be directly supporting victims but you may be working alongside someone who is experiencing abuse. Equally, in your private life you may have a relative or friend affected by abuse.
To develop your skills in supporting those affected by domestic abuse we can provide the following for an affordable fee:
- Hourly/daily certificated training for individuals or small groups
- Attendance-certificated training for professionals (usually group-based). Highly recommended for GPs/NHS staff, Police and IDVAs/ISVAs, welfare support workers, social workers, midwives & health visitors.
- Professional Development
To discuss training options please contact us.